View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi bluesfan,

Thank you for the insight regarding your Addison's and how the cortisol levels affect your mood so precisely and predictably.

I also agree about the generalised use of the term 'Depression' and the way it is misunderstood and misused across all walks of life. This is why I always point out that I have a life-long, inbuilt Depressive Personality Disorder, my 'Normal' is a generalised severe Depression and I have fluctuated around that due to meds success (ups) and illnesses, pain and personal failure (downs) since childhood. Personal success, happy events do not change my Mood for anything but the briefest of moments - that is the Pessimistic side of my condition biting.

As you have come to control your feelings and not vent, so I have had an upbringing and a lifetime of being told to 'bottle it up' and not share. 7 months here and I am now somewhat comfortable sharing. Sometimes it is good to let it all flow out in one vast tidal wave.

Dave.

PS. Lara, thanks for not mentioning the Lord's slaughter.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-22-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), eva5667faliure (07-30-2015), vintagewine (07-24-2015)