View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 05:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi bluesfan,
Thanks for your post. Interesting about the Cortisol. There have been a lot of studies on the role of the Cortisol rhythm in Autism over recent years that I've read as well.
I've also known a lot of people who were treated with medications for "depression" who turned out to have thyroid problems. I asked a doctor friend about that once years ago and he told me that they didn't routinely test for thyroid dysfunction back then. These days I notice the GPs seem to add it on to more routine tests. Maybe they weren't covered by our medicare back then I don't know for sure.

There was another article I posted recently on Anxiety Forum regarding serotonin as well.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1149139-1.html

I think "depression" is an umbrella term that can be an easy target for the prescription of certain medications without delving further into the individual health of the patient. I mean to say, so many of have problems with low B12 and Vit D etc., as well.

I am reminded of the little video you sent me about that doctor in Tasmania who seemed to have such an amazing grasp on patients as unique people who can't all be treated the same. I wish there were more like him.

Oh, it's all so complex isn't it.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-22-2015), DejaVu (07-30-2015), EnglishDave (07-21-2015), eva5667faliure (07-30-2015), vintagewine (07-24-2015)