View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Hi janie,

Being Diabetic and just having started monitoring at home, I am surprised at the frequency at which you are testing. I also would like to know who told you your 'magic number' was below 100. According to all advice I have been given by GPs, Diabetic friends and Diabetes sites you should test just before you eat and then 2 hours after the start of the meal, not straight after or 90 minutes after.

My A1c this year has risen to 7.1, but I am being retested in a week hoping my diet and weight loss will have brought the number down. My fasting numbers are between 110 - 120, except for a minor episode of 66. My +2 hour numbers reach 173, but if I can consistently keep them below 180 and my A1c trends downwards from now on, I can stay off the Metformin and try to control my Diabetes by diet alone.

Please be aware that all the experts agree too much self testing is counter-productive, as is setting unrealistic goals. Remember, as has been pointed out, your liver will produce glucose so it is not simply a dietary issue.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote