View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 09:03 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hey Starr,

I see you may be considering Botox. I've done 3 rounds of BotoxA injections, with each injection lasting 3 months. Post injection, you notice some pain reduction after about 1-2 weeks, it steadies and holds over 8 weeks, and then wanes, particularly for the first two injections. I'm set to go for another round this summer and I'm not noticing an efficacy drop like I did previously.

Overall, Botox does afford some pain reduction. For me, however, this was only moderate. The daily headache grind still carried on, though the intensity of my unilateral migraines are more manageable; it had little impact on my global throb or migraines on the top or side of my head. Don't expect it to eliminate your headaches, as we all have learned this is difficult to achieve.

The downside of Botox is that it's expensive ($500-600 CDN/injection interval plus a $200 injection fee by the Neurologist). I'm fortunate to have the BotoxA toxin costs covered, but still have to pay the injection fee for each visit. On that note, you receive 20-30 injections in your temples, forehead, top and sides of your head, and your neck and upper back/neck area. To be blunt, each injections stings quite badly; I hate them.

If you have any other questions about it, send me a message.
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
"Starr" (07-22-2015)