Magnate

8 yr Member
Magnate

8 yr Member
Cool Smirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
Dave,

Keep testing even after you level off. After I dropped 20 pounds late 2012 I severed ties with my gp who was unresponsive to my then newish and growing neuropathy issue. I didn't rush to fill my metformin, instead cutting my dose to once daily until off for a few months.

I kept monitoring and right before I found a new gp I found wild swings taking place. I went back on metformin and have been on since. I may reconsider again, as I am further down in weight exponentially and even better a1c wise, but I thought it was a useful anecdote.
Hi Jon,

I should have been more clear, I'm expecting my A1c to trend down NOW but still be up from previous years. I have definitely reached a new low (high?) in my Diabetes progression.

I am currently still in the 'collecting baseline data' stage of testing and already notice wild, unexplained differences in numbers, so I have no intention of stopping.

My GPs are VERY supportive, especially with my taking control of my weight problem and losing 25lbs in 9 weeks - much more to go. I will be seeing my PM Team about the onset of additional excruciating needle stab pains in my limbs at my next appt. They are the most supportive Team I could wish for.

Dave.
To the shapes we now possess.

The Sage - Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
EnglishDave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (07-26-2015)