Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 03:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Mark.

As to where I got the idea. My anxiety cooked it up, I guess. Part of me harbors a nagging suspicion every single head hit I've ever sustained has just been a mild to moderate contact- not a concussion at all. At any rate, I've never taken a really hard hit to the head.

This isn't an accusation or anything, but I also once saw you say you could get a concussion from very light impacts. I (or my anxiety, rather) assumed I could too. But since these are contacts I guess that means they aren't impacts at all?

So, because I've never actually had a hard hit to the head, my anxiety has an easy time perceiving every single contact as something substantial.

But there's no way to be sure, and those hits, or whatever they were, are all in the past.

I have an extensive history with outrageously outlandish fears and phobias, as well as paranoias. For instance, because I once bought marijuana as a kid in high school, for a year or so I was deathly afraid I would be sent to jail. I convinced myself there was a manhunt out after me. Every cop car I saw would be gathering surveillance, and so on.

Ridiculous, but that's the way anxiety has always reduced my brain to the worst kinds of delusional illogic.