View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 06:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
I'm a bit confused as you said you tested 5 times normal/negative...yet I guess now you are positive. Do I have that right? So just the one test positive (and mild + cardiolipin)??

Your rheumy is right that there are other reasons for positive labs. But no one like to wait for a stroke. This would be the case in which aspirin is considered if the next labs (both aCL and Beta 2) are positive. It's a tough call to start adding a risky blood thinner like warfarin when there is no clinical symptom at all.

As for your body wide neuropathy, I would think the virus may have triggered an autoimmune process and thus neuropathy. Have you been checked for various AI diseases??
Good morning, En Bloc... thanks for your response. What I meant was the reference range for the beta 2 was 0-20 and mine was 115, so a significantly positive test the first time. The second time it had dropped to 75. And you're right... the thought is that the virus set something in motion. I am still testing positive for the parvo virus b19 dna almost five years later. It has entrenched itself in my blood cells. It's been documented to cause arthritis and possibly lupus, but so far extensive AI diseases are all negative except the aPL. I can't help but feel something's brewing because one can't feel this crappy for this long and in this much pain without something eventually showing up. thanks again!
heb1212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote