View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 11:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I was thrilled to find this site. My daughter Bethany, who has hydrocephalus due to a dandy walker cyst is having these same pains in her abdomen. Originally she only had pain every now and then on the right side. She had a shunt revision in February and the pains have intensified and have moved to the left side as well, radiating across the abdominal area and around her belly button. Her primary doctor has had ultrasounds done to check her gall bladder and appendix as well as X-rays. They have all been normal.
This is her second revision. Her last was at 5 years of age. She is now 28. When she eats her stomach hurts worse. She is not sleeping at night because of the pain. She also has to pee every hour. Her primary doctor gave her Zoloft said she is depressed and this is why she has these pains. I wouldn't let her take the Zoloft. Also she is having pain at the back of the head where the neck meets and around her valve site.
Her neuro says she's fine just going to have to give her body time to adjust. It's been 5 months since surgery. How long does it take for adjustment??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sharonhartley50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote