Thread: Dental inquiry
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Necroskitter,

Do you still have the stitches in? If so, then you could have unknowingly pulled on them and that could create soreness and discomfort.

How do you know that the sinus perforation closed within the first few days post op? Perhaps it was only partially closed and it reopened? Even if that did happen, if the perforation was very small, it may still heal okay on its own.

If your symptoms continue to worsen, then see the surgeon sooner than your scheduled appointment. Otherwise, if you are scheduled to see him this week then that should be okay.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroskitter View Post
I had an extraction on Friday the 10th of this month(With a sinus perforation that i Suspected healed within the first few days). Last night i unknowingly created pressure in my mouth and heard/felt a Weird Pulling sensation from my extraction site. Nothing came out, but shortly after i started experiencing Soreness on my gums on the Outer side that presses against my cheek, and even the Smallest amount of pressure creates uncomfortable feelings, as well as a minor soreness in what i feel would be my Sinus. As far as i can tell i didn't Open the perforation again....Just looking for piece of mind. I have a Dental appointment in a few days and was wondering if i should wait till then or Call them sooner. Any input would be greatly appreciated

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote