View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 12:59 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Do different atmospheres affect symptoms?

An interesting thing happened to me yesterday, and I'm wondering if there's any pattern to this.

Yesterday when I woke up I was having one of my worst days with symptoms that I've had in a few weeks. I just felt a lot of pressure in my head and ears and stuff like that, and I was feeling pretty light-headed. Unfortunately I had plans with someone that day that I didn't want to cancel, because I would be meeting up with a friend that I wouldn't be able to see for a long while again. Even more than that, she had wanted to go to this amusement park near me. I was kind of dreading it, fearing that I'd just wind up feeling worse while I was there, especially with rides (I did give her a fair warning that I'd have to stop if a ride was making my symptoms worse).

What I found is that the opposite thing happened. I felt better while I was at the park (and the rides didn't affect my symptoms at all thankfully). I kind of chalked this up to the fact that often times I'll feel better when I'm with a friend because I'm distracted, or also that generally my symptoms will typically be better in the latter half of a day.

But then something else happened. I came home after being out for most of the day, and as soon as I came in my house and went down to the basement, my symptoms surged back. It was weird that it was suddenly happening again as soon as I got home.

So my question is, does being in a different atmosphere affect your symptoms somehow? Like perhaps there's something in the air in my house that's worse on my symptoms than being outside?

I also noticed this when I was on vacation last month. I went to South Carolina for a week (I live in Pennsylvania), and that whole week I felt pretty good. My symptoms were a lot better. Then as soon as I came home I started to have problems again. I feel like it can't be coincidence but maybe there's another explanation.
Deuce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote