View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Kay

Benadryl I've read will not work if you keep taking the antipsychotic, but beyond skipping/reducing for a day or two, an MD needs to call shots. I thought the issue was just for a one day and then your pdoc would be stepping in to make some decisions.

What if your husband took you to the ER and you told them (with his help if you have trouble) that you are having trouble with the akathisia? I doubt you'd present as dangerous to self and others if you are going there mostly because you feel uncomfortable. Your husband can probably attest that you are not giving signs of doing bad things.

I have some concern that you are seeing motor agitation from mania, not from the Latuda. However, it could truly be akathisia. It would be best for a doctor to check you out, and give you treatments in a controlled environment -- hospital/ER where they can check your reactions to what they give you and change course of therapy quickly, if need be.

If you really won't do the ER and can't get to your pdoc, maybe you can get to your GP? You need to see a doctor at this point.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-22-2015), mymorgy (07-22-2015), OhKay (07-22-2015)