View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 04:19 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

WOW! (expletive!)

I called and paged the on-call physician, but got a call back from my pdoc about 4hrs later...

-No ER

-No office visit

-She's not concerned about 100mg of Zoloft

-Like Waves, not certain on akasthisia vs. hypomania

-Choice to stay on Latuda or switch to Abilify tonight. Worried about hypo fallout if a mood-stabilizer is withdrawn at this point.
Said it's hard because I've tried so many drugs (lithium, depakote, risperidol, zyprexa, seroquol. I'm on lamictal and topomax now).

-I mentioned the Benadryl. She said I could try to increase it to 75 or 100mg, but not above. It will have that sedative effect, but obviously will not treat the hypomania.

-"Call me tomorrow if you need to, go to the ER if you need to, see you Friday."
Hopefully, I'm not leaving anything out.

I was truthful with her and thorough. She makes some good points, but I was hardly satisfied when I hung up the phone.
I wasn't about to agree to switch to a new mood stabilizer that I know very little about-during an episode-over the phone.
I'm not confident with the bipolar-depression drug approach in my situation.

Benadryl increase, and with pdoc's blessing. Hopefully it helps. If I'm not better, or am worse, I may have to just sit in that office until SOMEONE sees me. I will go to the ER if I absolutely need to. But I'm not in a hurry.

So far I've done 2 loads of laundry, vacuumed my apartment, cleaned the bathroom, and popped up and down scattered a million times for no purpose today. Usually, I have to lay down after I vacuum my living room (and it's not that big).
All this is going on. I'm driven. But I'm exhausted... maybe that part is the MS.

I'm agitated. And I've been that nasty kind of agitated on and off today. I'm trying to keep my mouth shut for my husband's sake.

Kay
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-22-2015), Dmom3005 (07-22-2015), mymorgy (07-22-2015)