View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 04:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Want To Move Forward

Hello, everyone! I'm a new member. I have been struggling with Post Concussion Syndrome since February 2014. I have also struggled with depression and anxiety for many years.
This is my issue...
Last fall, I was struggling with anxiety over getting a second concussion and the dire consequences that could result. It made me particularly fearful in my job, where I work with homeless, mentally ill and/or people who struggle with addictions. Although I had never had this concern before, I became concerned with being attacked. I mentioned this to my family doctor, who told me that I didn't need to be concerned, as I was only at risk for 24-48h after the injury, which had long passed. This provided me a huge amount of comfort, until I saw a neurologist a few months later, who said no, actually a second concussion was still a huge concern, because I was still experiencing concussion symptoms.
I had a very minor incident at my work about two weeks ago, where a mentally ill man called me a name. This man had never shown any aggression towards any staff at my work before, so it was shocking. I was told at the time that he had no violent history, but then was later told that might not be accurate.
Since then, I have experienced an extremely high amount of anxiety regarding my job. Anxiety isn't new to me, but I am actually gripped with fear about being around this person. There have been no further incidents, or anything else to cause me concern, but I can't seem to move past this, the root of it being that he will one day become violent towards me and I will be severely injured.
I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions you may have
Thank you
mrsbjr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote