Thread: Anyone Juicing?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 05:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for this thread!

Have you seen the documentary, ""Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead?"

The main character, Joe, travels around the U.S. as he starts his juice fast. He meets lots of people and some start juicing as well. Joe has an autoimmune condition and has been on daily prednisone and some other meds. He has gained weight, as well. He gets off of the meds and loses weight.

Joe helps many, yet takes an interest in a man, also with an autoimmune condition, also on prednisone and also needing help.

Joe does change his own life!
He assists others in changing their lives, as well.

My doctors have praised the movie.

There are all kind of opinions about Joe's exact methods and the length of his juicing fast. Joe responds to these concerns in his sequel documentary.

An interesting documentary on juicing and juicing fasts.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

That said --

My husband and I juice. We love to juice leafy greens, especially. We LOVE our kale juice! We then add kale juice to blended smoothies.

Sometimes, we decide to take 3- 5 days of juicing for two meals a day.
During these times, we have some of our favorite juicing recipes, usually greens. We sometimes add berries. If we are juicing heavily, we will drink juices with fruit added in the morning and juices without fruit later in the day.

There are some juicers which are relatively inexpensive when on sale.
These same juicers are quite easy to clean.
I don't think I can mention brands here.

(Let me check. If mentioning a brand is okay, I will edit this and specify the juicer brand I am using. Many juicing gurus suggest this brand for people with limited time and/or limited energy, because the clean up is much easier.)

I enjoy juicing. I find it difficult when in a flare. Standing on my feet for long causes far too much pain. I also use extra cushioning via a floor mat, as well as using a high stool to sit whenever I can do so. It works best when we juice together, as we have a system in place and the teamwork makes it all move along very quickly. When we are juicing heavily, we sometimes juice for up to two days at a time. Enzymes are lost quickly in fresh juices, so we minimize making batches which last up to two days and never make batches which last any longer than 2 days. That's a lot of juice when on a "juice fast." The more fresh, the better!

When I have no fresh juice, I blend dehydrated greens in with other ingredients for a lovely green breakfast shake!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

IF blood sugar is a concern with higher carb juices (fruits, carrots, etc.),
one of the approaches to decreasing the impact upon our systems is to add purified water to juice at a 1:1 ratio and then add a healthy oil -- flax oil, flavored fish oil, etc.

Happy juicing and/or blending -- whichever your pleasure!

To Our Healing!
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-23-2015)