Thread: Anyone Juicing?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 06:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkimbleShanks View Post
I was reading a bunch of websites where people were juicing for health purposes. Just wondering if anyone here juices or makes smoothies or anything for health purposes? If so how well is it working? Have you noticed any changes in how you feel or anything?
Yes,
I juice vegs every day and wheatgrass and they do make a difference.
My green veggie juice twice a day is celery, cucumber, fresh ginger and then whatever other greens I have, spinach, parsley, kale, romaine or some herbs from my garden. I do agree with folks though that most juicers are a pain to clean. I also have a nutribullet that I absolutely love and it was much less expensive then the juicer.

I do a 1-2 ounce shot of wheatgrass juice once a day. I grow my own wheatgrass, it is very simple to do.

I had gone to a holistic health center in Florida called Hippocrates Health Institute many yrs ago and did a 3 week program where you lived on a raw, vegan, organic diet and did a host of other things to cleanse and heal the body, reduce inflammation and make it more alkaline, which is supposed to be conducive to keep bacteria, etc in check. I have an old post somewhere on here that details what I did. Just search on Hippocrates Health Institute.

I did very well, got off ALL my pain and neuropathy meds and lived on that very extreme diet for just over 2 yrs....however, it was almost a full time job to live raw vegan and juice wheatgrass and green juice several times a day. I don't work, am out of work on disability and found the regimen very helpful for my pain and somewhat for neuropathy but I was also treating severe Lyme Disease that had done damage to my brain and I have alot of cognitive issues.

I find the raw vegan diet very extreme and frankly I got tired of it but there is no doubt the regimen really helped me. It is just time consuming with juicing and expensive to live on all organic food. Recently I was dx'ed with breast cancer so have gone back to a limited form of the diet but I still eat fish and chicken and eggs to get more protein as my oncologists all feel I need protein to keep up my body/strength due to surgery and treatments.

Is there something specific you are trying to treat?
Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (07-23-2015), DejaVu (07-22-2015)