View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 07:57 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default my mind is clouding over

Hi everyone, Had EMG yesterday with my Neurologist. His comment when finished was that I have Neuropathy. He said to make an appointment with my GP for next week to go over things??
Same as most, started with pain in the ball of my left foot which turned to numbness, pins and needles. Over 4 months this moved to burning in both feet and now legs with ongoing throbbing, pins and needles in my hands and fingers. I have also started having random intermittent sharp pains in my calves and shins. I also have aches in my head and tenderness around the temples.
I also mentioned to the Neurologist my most worrying concern, periods of memory loss and confusion. I have had trouble with multi tasking and some times even adding up basic numbers in my head. Sometimes I have trouble finding the right word and just spitting it out.
The Neurologist didn't think these problems were linked to my Neuropathy, but I'm not so sure. As my body symptom's have increased so have my cognitive problems. I am scheduled for a PET scan to check for early Alzheimer's
I have had 2 melanomas removed (early stage) and have a 10yr history of working with MDF (Formaldehyde) in our workshop at school.
I'm concerned of making mistakes with my students and also duty of care.
Can this all be linked together.
Dearly appreciate any help and advice.
PhilfromOz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote