View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbie86 View Post
Thanks for all your answers. I am so angry because I went to take this test by myself (I paid) just to rule out the possiblity of antiphospholipid syndrome, because stroke and cardio-vascular disease runs in our family.Unforunately my test was positive, low to moderate. I have to check once again. But now I am pregnant. I am very very scared of getting Heparin and bleeding to death. I did not have TIAs or stroke, I had migraines with aura (or are that just small tias, dont know). I have also a patent foramen ovale (a hole between two chambers of the heart). Are there any test that can predict if you will have bleeding after taking Heparin?
I would suggest you see a hematologist if you are pregnant and have the (even just one) positive APS test. APS can be problematic during pregnancy and you should be followed carefully and maybe rechecked (the anticardiolipins) sooner than the 6 months.

There is not really a test to check for possible bleeding after heparin use. The INR level can be monitored with warfarin use, but this test is not effective for heparin. Again, you should follow-up with a hematologist now that you are pregnant.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote