View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Sorry for your trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyo10 View Post
Found my way onto this forum and would like to know how "unique" my condition is...

Long story short- went into surgery to get c5/c6 & c6/c7 fixed. Came out with some problems:

the right side of me below my underarms is numb (no hot or cold feeling but plenty of nerve pain).

the left side (including my arm and leg) is extremely stiff.

You could draw a line down the middle of me to separate the two (including front and back.) This gives me sex problems and problems with going the bathroom.

It's been 3 years and the pain is starting to get worse (especially in my numb right leg).

I'm on Gabapentin and Baclofen 3X/day. Not sure whether it's helping or not anymore.

I've tried acupuncture and it worked on my right side pain for a few months. Then went back and it only helped for about a week.

I get the pins and needles at night and it's impossible to get a good's night sleep.

I'm going back to the doc to see about a spinal cord stimulator trial. Don't know what I'm going to do.

After reading some posts I'm thinking everyone is unique
Especially since you were trying to fix things in the forst place. Some accupuncture stories here but not so many surgical aftermath stories. Getting enough sleep is essential for going forward. I have been on and off many meds but still take a sleeping pill. I am still withdrawing from Nicotine after stopping about 4 weeks ago. I've had no experience w/stimulator but I did get some relief from burning and tender feet w/ Mortons Epsom Salt Lotion. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote