Thread: Dental inquiry
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Necroskitter,

Did the dentist himself actually evaluate you or did someone else?

Do you know what was meant by <<you are healing better than anticipated>>? Were they anticipating post op complications? If so, for what reason? If everything is healing so well, then why the medicated mouthwash?

These questions are raised because it sounds like the post op check was nothing more than routine with not much thought to your concerns. Do you feel that way also or am I just reading into this wrong?

Not being able to close your mouth because you feel a pulling and pressure sensation is not normally found after a tooth is pulled unless there is a specific reason for that to be occurring. Are the stitches still present or did they all dissolve? Was a piece of your cheek tissue stitched to help close the extraction site? Can you post a photo of just that area of your mouth here?

Can you describe in detail what happens when you close your mouth? Do you feel pulling when you open your mouth or chew food? Does the pressure and pulling occur when you are trying to sleep or does it occur at random times?
Where exactly is the pressure? Where is the pulling sensation? Are these the same questions that the dentist asked you?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroskitter View Post
Went to see my dentist today, Said that the pain i was feeling on my gum was possibly bone trying to push itself out. They didn't seem to Directly address why the Pulling sensation is causing pain, but they looked and told me the site was healing fine (Better than they anticipated), gave me medicated mouth wash and sent me on my way. Generally speaking how long would it take on Average before a person SHOULD be able to safely create pressure in their mouth (I realize its an pretty much an impossible question, due to different healing rates).... Its Driving me crazy having to keep my mouth open the Majority of the time, Cause i have this issue with creating pressure with my mouth closed...Is there anything i can take to help expedite healing?

Thanks again for any/all The information you've been giving.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote