Thread: What's next
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowNothingJon View Post
Hi, Phil.

I kept meaning to say hello in your introductory thread. Time got away from me. Consulting the vitamin and supplement thread above as a stickie is a great resource. If Morton's Epsom Salt Cream is available in Australia it is a worthwhile example.

My diagnosis is diabetic neuropathy, so many things that help me are not applicable to all, though many have glucose issues that at the very least flare symptoms if not cause the issue. It is unknown. If you can curb carbs and sugars it is likely to be good for you, minimum.

So many people have varied reactions to medicine, I'd hesitate to give much advise other than say for me I learned that there are some side effects I don't want to get accustomed to.

Involved story short, there was a cognitive trade off in Lyrica that was stark even from two missed doses that I titrated off. I had gotten used to my pregnant pause. Well, it was more of a bloated break. I likely had a space cadet glow.

It was a decent trade off at the time. Many people have a hard time coming off it. It is all about how it affects you and how much relief is worth what side effect.

I used Salonpas patches for relief at one time, but I either had my symptoms move past their reach or over used them and diminishing returns arrived. I do recommend lidoderm patches. I have some left over from when I had shingles. I carve them up into economical marvels, though bad days I splurge on a patch a leg.

Good luck on relief. Stretching, self massage, walking daily to and from work from the parking are all non drug non supplement changes I made. I am mindful of my hydration.

Jon
Thank you so much, I will take this all on board. Will be good to get next weeks appointment over and see what's next. I also will be happier after I have my PET scan in a few months to rule out other nasties.
thanks again and all the best.
Phil
PhilfromOz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote