View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Daniella some meds can change the

#'s for liver function. I also am sensitive to some meds, I ask for a 'sample' pack[s] from the doc along with the 90 day script [for mailing in under my insurance plan] This gives me a few to try out and see if I have any bad reactions to the new med and IF I get a bad reaction, I'm not throwing away a lot of pills.
Docs who are patronising are well, docs I tend to not go to again! At times I have found comparing the PN pain to other types of pains [broken leg, fractured ribs...that kind of thing] helps the doctor assess the degree of your pain. These days I tell them I cannot put a number on my 'pain' as I've had it soo long I can't remember what being pain-free is like....and it's true. I guess you could say I've sort of gotten used to it.
I do use the lidocaine patches and they do help me. I have the ultracet as my back-up pain killer, along with the regular doses of daily anti-seizure meds.
Do take a look at all the meds listed in the 'stickies'. Share the 'list' [not the source] with your neuro, maybe....There mite just be a med on there that he has not considered. Worth a try?
Hang in there - you WILL find the right combination that does help keep that pain in it's place! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote