View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 08:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I may possible have just figured out where my idiopathic PN came from!! I have recently been reading about long term use of Ambien causing Peripheral Neuropathy. It is listed as a side effect under Central and Peripheral Nervous System. Now, thanks to this post I am reading about the relationship between some antibiotics and PN.

I have used Ambien for years as prescribed by my doctor. I have taken it continuously since January due to many horrible events in my life . I stopped a week ago after reading about it and my symptoms are starting to lessen. I do not want to get too excited because every time I think I've figured something out my symptoms start up again and I'm back to square one.....

Then I remembered my pulmonary doctor put me on azithromycin 250 mg a day for 2 months May and June. I don't know if this effected me as I was already having symtoms but I doubt it was helpful. Also this antibiotic is not on the list of ones with PN side effects but at this point I don't have a lot of trust in Pharmaceutical companies.

I am definitely going to look into Benfotiamine and make my standard liver tonic (Beet Kvass if any of you are interested let me know and I'll explain further.)

Thank you!!!
pinkynose is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote