Old 07-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by canagirl View Post
Well I think I got my answer about what the gabapentin might be doing. I forgot to take by nighttime dose last night and things I thought were getting better ( a tinsi bit) came back. My limbs were extremely hot when I woke up ( not externally, but an internal warmness and burning). Also, when I wake up I have this habit of stretching and contacting my muscles really hard for a few seconds, what follow after this is that my muscles stay contacted then deflate like a balloon, then they twitch like crazy. I thought this had been getting better a bit but no. This actually has spread to my lower abdomen.

I wonder if my sfn is now in my lower abdomen too ( one tiny area where I haven't had most symptoms). I say this because for the last two weeks or so I have been getting what I assume to be gas pain. I've never had this in my life. I wonder if this is a symptom? Along with my wierd thing about muscle staying contracted and then twitching wildly , I think this is not the direction I was wanting my body to go in.
Stretching should be done very gently and slowly. There are many nerves in the tendons, and if you stretch too hard you pull on them and irritate them.

Twitching and nerve symptoms are common upon awakening. Often this is due to low blood sugar, and goes away after one eats something. When you lie in bed for sleeping your heart rate goes down, your blood does not move around as much and tissues like muscles with a high need for glucose and oxygen may react until both are restored by movement and food.

I strongly suggest you stop aggressive stretching. Do a gentle stretch lying on your back, toes pointing up with heels on the bed. This will open up your back. Hold for a count of 10 and repeat once. Then sit up and do simple extensions of your arms and neck before standing up. This will prevent any orthostatic blood pressure symptoms if you have that.

I think after reading your posts for a while, that you should guard your joints and muscles until your PN trigger passes.
No acupuncture, no massages, no hot tubs, no strenuous stretches,...baby yourself and you might feel much better and get better faster.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
canagirl (07-26-2015)