View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 02:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarileeG View Post
Hi CS,

what a terrific idea you have here. I'm happy to add some thoughts.

1. get to a neurologist if you haven't already. you might need PT or other treatments, don't be afraid to ask questions and if you are able bring someone with you who can push back on the doctor if you feel like you're not getting answers.

2. if you suffer from over stimulation wear sunglasses and ear plugs. This tip was shared with me here and made a world of difference.

Also, I've been struggling a lot with noise sensitivity and over stim even at home. Noises like lawnmowers, weed whackers (have no idea why a lawn in seattle needs to be mowed in Dec), big trucks, esp. garbage trucks (Ugh - the worst) all cause me a lot of trouble.

Yesterday my husband came home with a set of noise canceling headphones for me. Wow is all i can say. I think there are some really pricey ones made by bose but i didn't get those. I'm not sure how much he spent, all i can say is so far its worth it. I feel protected the same way i do with sunglasses on and it takes the ear plugs to a whole new level. I wore them all day today.

hope these are helpful to anyone out there.
Hi yes I am understanding now trucks cars firetrucks emts bother me