View Single Post
Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Is this crown broken or fixable?

Hi. I made a short clip of my husband's crown which fell off today. He said "Oh my tooth came out'. I reached over and said "This is a crown and the post is still in it". He has no pain, he has eaten normally. He has an appointment at 5 p.m. on Monday.

So here is my question. I assume the thing that is sticking out of the crown is the post. That should be IN his mouth right? Not sticking out of the crown. I assume he either needs a new post made and a new crown, right?

Or can this crown be saved by drilling out whatever is inside and then the doctor can make a new post and re-cement the crown?

My husband said "I can't afford a new crown so if they tell me they want to make a new crown, I'll tell them to pull whatever is remaining in that space". We can't afford any new crowns.

So whatever expertise you guys have, I really need to know what we are up against. From looking at the crown, I think it's a goner and he either will be told 'you need a new post and a new crown" And then Alan will tell them "no, just pull out whatever is still remaining of the original work".

This is 2015, so with all this new technology, can this crown be saved and re-cemented or we don't have a shot here?

Here is the video clip. And thanks very much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln3IuXi97Ko

Sincerely, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote