View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Please help...do I really have SFN?

Hello. My story in a nutshell:

--car accident more than a decade ago, chronic back/neck pain, burning feet started a couple of years after that...

I've been in PT and take Lyrica. I recently went to a top notch neurologist who took over an hour to examine me and told me that I have a pinched nerve in my back (ordered CT scans), and that I have Small Fiber Neuropathy. The soles of my feet burn like...well, I can't even describe how they feel. It's horrible. He did a bunch of tests and I guess I'm losing feeling in my legs. I have an appt. in August for a skin biopsy and just got a bunch of blood tests. He said that we need to try to find out the cause of the SFN, but since I have such severe allergies/asthma, that that could be the cause, but he did say that this isn't related to my accident.

I asked him...what if all of the tests are negative, and he looked at me like I was nuts lol and said that they won't be.

I also have other symptoms--trouble swallowing at times, urinary problems, etc. I did recently get tested for some autoimmune diseases b/c I have been waking up with stiff slightly swollen joints in my hands. They hurt, but RA test was negative a few months ago. And iirc, my B12 is okay.

I'm wondering...do you think my skin biopsy will be positive? What if it's negative? Will have have to start from square one? Thank you! This is a lot to digest. It's crazy that there's actually something that explains my horrific pain.

Last edited by _dreamer_; 07-25-2015 at 12:55 PM.
_dreamer_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote