View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Likewise, Deep Massage for Psoriatic Arthritis

Hi Again, Caroline!

I also find foot massage helpful.
I have both neuropathy and Psoriatic Arthritis in my feet.

I often start with a footbath of warm water and Epsom salts.

If/when my feet are hypersensitive and too painful to touch, it's helpful to me to first work with "healing energy" (ie : Reiki) for awhile and then slowly work deeper into the foot.

I work on my feet at night, while they are screaming in pain from any daily activity. I try to work out/flush any build-up of lactic acid and also try to change the pain signal to a sensation which allows for more sleep.

I sometimes end the massage with an application of magnesium chloride spray, magnesium cream or a different topical, depending upon what feels right at the time. (I have used essential oils, mixed into carrier oils, this way; however, the essential oil types must be well-rotated in order to avoid skin sensitivities. I find the topical magnesium helpful in my case.)

In the past, I have also used a (prescribed) compounded topical of ketoprofen (an NSAID)and a special lotion, referred to as "PLO gel." I hope to get a new prescription for this when I see my Rheumatologist soon. (A muscle relaxant can also be added, if I want on added, which helps the spasms in my feet/lower legs (myotonia). Unfortunately, it's quite expensive. I only have it made up when pain is severe and relentless... and other options are not helping enough. (I have great difficulty ingesting NSAIDs, thus I try them topically if needed.)

It's a pleasure to read your post, Caroline.
Thanks for your many contributions here.

To Our Healing,
DejaVu
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Wiix (08-25-2015)