Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaVu View Post
Hi Melody,
Thanks for the video!

Like Alan, I have difficulty feeling some of these types of sensations. My limitations in feeling these are due to neuropathies.
My failure to feel the sensation does not mean the modality is not doing whatever it is meant to do.

For instance, when applying topicals with menthol, camphor, etc, other people will tell me certain formulations give them very strong sensations for hours. I feel no sensation. Yet, some formulations still work on deeper pain even though I feel no immediate sensation (on my skin).

I enjoy your posts very much!

With Gratitude,

DejaVu

Hi there.

Thanks so much for the kind words. As if Alan didn't have enough to deal with, one of his crowns fell out this morning. So Monday, we shall go to the dentist (I posted a link to what it looks like) on the Dentistry forum. Thank god for these forums. It's always good to check in and see what the latest is. I don't post too much because Alan takes up a great deal of my time but that's what being a wife is. I'll tell you one thing. Thank god we have separate beds. Because of his neuropathy he is ALWAYS jerking his feet. He resembles a person with Parkinson. I asked him "Are YOU doing that, or does your leg do it by itself":? His response was "Have you ever had your hand fall asleep on you and then you shake it to make it stop?" I said 'Oh, yes, I remember years ago, when I must have compressed a nerve someone in my wrist or my hand and it was buzzing and I shook it awake and it all stopped". Alan said 'that's why I do it'. So....I got my answer

But he's in another bed across the room and sometimes in the middle of the night I see him shaking his legs and even in his sleep he gets no peace.

Someone better legalize the drug laws in NY so that he will have access to what he needs to have access to. That's all I can say

Thanks again, Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-25-2015)