Old 07-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.AddisonCRPS2 View Post
Hello Everyone!

My name is Raechel and I live in Washington state. I was diagnosed with CRPS 2 this week and needless to say my life is in shambles. My children are being denied the ability to live with me because I am on Opiates for my pain. Yes you read that correctly... my children are not allowed to live with me because I am on pain medication. (so says the state of washington)
On and off for the past two weeks I have had these what I can describe as "flare ups"?
I guess I should start off with I started having symptoms last July, 2014 after a 13 mile hike in the mountains with my now husband. My pack on my back only weighed less than 25 lbs i think it was 24lbs to be exact. I DID NOT wear my hip strap and this is where i am told I made my mistake. I came back from that hike and I have never been the same. I was finally diagnosed with a brachial plexus injury to my right shoulder, with a 25% loss of nerve function diagnosed using the painful EMG test. My injury has now turned into CRPS type 2.
The pain goes up and down in severity, is a 10+++ at its worst!!
But the last two weeks, my skin on my hands is peeling? and getting worse everyday.... My pain meds are not touching the pain at this moment, and every second of typing is making it worse, the numbness and pain. My symptoms have now spread to my left shoulder and my right hand turns colors... mostly blue.
Am I the only one that has the skin flaking off and such? I feel as though some of these symptoms do not even apply to a nerve injury! lol. It makes no sense to me!
I AM SO IN NEED OF SUPPORT AND REASSURANCE! THAT MY LIFE WILL IMPROVE! I AM LOSING HOPE AS THE DAYS GO ON... that i will lose my children and my will to live... I feel like this is so unfair and i didnt ask for this disease!!! so not only do I have to learn to live with it, because of the pain it causes I have to learn to live without my children as well and that does not seem fair!
Hello and welcome to the NeuroTalk Support Groups.

Just leaving you the link below to the

Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) Forum

Check out the "Sticky" threads at the top of that forum too if you can. There are links to useful websites and other information that would be helpful to you.

Post an intro on the main forum and I'm sure the members there will be able to offer you support and information regarding your new diagnosis.

all the best.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-25-2015), eva5667faliure (12-11-2015)