View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

MelodyL,

Basically yes.
The "whatever part that remains" .... is the root in the bone below the gum line.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
So it's up to the dentist to tell Alan that he has to drill out the remaining decaying part that is there, and, after an x-ray, depending on what the x-ray indicates, the dentist can either re-cement the whole thing back onto Alan or he will tell Alan, this is too far gone, you need a whole new post and crown" whereupon Alan will look at the guy and say 'Forget that, I can't afford THAT, pull whatever is left".

Did I get this right?

Thanks so much

Melody
P.S. I just re-read your initial post. If there is no possibility to restore even a new crown and post, then Alan's only option is to have whatever remains, PULLED. Because he can't afford any implant (even if it were possible), did I get this part correct?: Thanks

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote