View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 03:08 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbe41221 View Post
but somtimes it seems to me that ssa makes up the rules as they go. i contacted ssa via email with my concerns. 4 days day later they responded with an explaination that applied to people on ss retirement.
I'm not sure who you emailed or what your question was? As a general rule, staff at the 800# or a national office will have more experience with SS retirement then SSI/SSDI and they sometimes don't have adequate training. When possible, it's best to contact your local field office since they have more training.

With the form that is scanned, a computer follows the rules exactly as programmed. Most staff will as well, as you can see from the POMS I linked, their instructions are very specific. Many beneficiaries unknowingly will make an error on the form that will encourage a Long Form. Be very careful how you fill your CDRs out. If you're unsure how to do it, ask questions before starting. http://nymakesworkpay.org/docs/Guide_CDR.pdf

Many attorneys encourage their clients not to ever work, even pt. I think if you can work, you should. Hopefully, you'll end up being able to return to work ft eventually.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 07-26-2015 at 09:35 AM. Reason: missing punctuation
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote