View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 03:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todayistomorrow View Post
For people with post concussion symptoms over a month, the first Dr. appointment you should make is with a neuroopthamologist that can prescribe tinted/prism glasses. I would've saved myself a year of suffering if someone had told me this right away. Instead, I bounced around from neurologist to physical therapist to chiropractor and spent thousands of $ when the issue all along was my convergence insufficiency.

My eyesight was fine so I never thought about getting it checked but the way my eye muscles work and team together was messed up big time.

There is a reason that when Hillary Clinton got a concussion she was seen wearing these prism glasses. People well off get the health care they need right away but it's up to the rest of us to figure it out on our own.
Ditto - just went to a behavioural optometrist who as I write is organising glasses for me to counteract a number of issues. 40 to 60% of injured folk will have visual impairments which can cause nausea, dizziness, depth of perception (reason why I walk in front of oncoming vehicles) headaches, light intolerance, how the list goes on. It was a psychologist who suggested I go because I have issues with understanding plots in books, films etc and the examination has given answers to so many of my other problems.
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-13-2015), MicroMan (08-11-2015)