View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 05:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

well, for us, the PT said that their experience with children around 7/8 years of age with mild cp is that the botox usually lasts at least one year, particularly if followed by serial casting.

I was shocked that my husband listened attentively to my relaying the PTs thoughts and said he preferred we didn't (naturally) but nothing strong. He also asked what else HE could do...eg. would taking Matt for massages help? Would getting him exercising more -like walking on a treadmill- help?
I think that is one of the few conversations he responded to me so positively. He's a great guy but tends to shut out anything medical if he can.

anyway, time will tell. Although botox can be painful I'm more worried about it because of how Matt reacts to meds. 1 gravol knocked him completely out for 3-4 hours. Minimal doses of seizures meds are like high doses to him and he has MORE but off meds he does better. etc. So, i'm not sure how to determine the right amount when he acts that way so that he won't go too loose.

will cross that bridge

lucinda
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote