Thread: worker's comp
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 01:24 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Mine is a work comp case too. Yes, you need a lawyer. I wish I had gotten my lawyer sooner. Different states have different work. comp. laws, but in my state, I don't have to pay the lawyer out of pocket, he just gets a percentage of my settlement. A head injury pays out a maximum of $20 K for settlement. If I'm not able to work full-time ever again, that's not very much in my opinion. The laws in my state are made to protect the corporations, not the workers.

They do not value loss of cognitive functioning, but they do value loss of vision or hearing, which I have. But you will have to settle at some point. Only when your doctor declares MMI (maximum medical improvement). Basically that means there is nothing else MEDICALLY that the doctor can do to help you improve. It is important that the doctor making the decisions for you and communicating to work. comp. is on your side. If not, see if you can get a different doctor.

Take care

Persisting Problems:
fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, vestibular balance and vision problems, vision static, tinnitus, hearing loss, slight sensitivity to noise, sometimes the insomnia comes back, sensitivity to stress, exercise intolerance, emotional problems - But I still have much to be thankful for.
RidingRollerCoaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote