Thread: purply thighs
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 03:32 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkrp01 View Post
I am sorry you are feeling down mentally as well as physically. One of the common themes is to excersize to tolerance. If you can get a stationary bike and spin until you can't stand it anymore, that may improve your circulation. I apologise if this suggestion is rediculous as it is hard to see your situation over this computer. I do not have SFN but at one time my pain was at a level to prevent sleep and summon depression. One sage that I read once said that your pain will be, over time, changed and replaced by something else. That is like saying if you don't like the weather hang around for a bit. So, yes the pain will change,move,lessen here worsen there all the while you are getting tougher and more able to cope. Don't worry about bitching, I hope that is not a foriegn word in the UK. We all have to overcome a sense of loss in order to move forward. This has no time limit but I suspect that loud and vehement bitching may shorten the schedule. I had a thing called Amyotrophy which was a muscle wasting fast paced nightmare with the aforementioned pain also. I was astonished that a person can have several things go wrong at the same time. At least with the muscle wasting, it had a "critical phase" that ended about six months or so. Hope you are still able to excercise to tolerance and do what you need to do in order to make it to the next day as that day may be the one that makes up for a bunch of bad ones. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
Thanks all for your replies :-) It's a real comfort to know other people understand.

Ken, you are right, I am starting physio and physio hydrotherapy every week in attempt to try work on my leg muscles and also get blood pumping. The worse this gets the less I want to do anything like that but I'm going to fight. I have got to get an excercise bike, I think this is the best thing I could do. :-)
You have mentioned the amyotrophy before, I do wonder whether something similiar is happening with me.
Thanks again :-)
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote