Old 07-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
MelodyL,

The root may be a bit tricky to extract because it has been root canaled making it brittle, fragile and infected and there may be some gum disease occurring in that area from the bacteria. Also the older we get, the more dense our jaw bone becomes and sometimes teeth become a bit ankylosed, fused to the bone. So it would be ideal to have an oral surgeon remove it.

Bryanna
Hi there.

I guess Alan got a great dentist, because absolutely everything YOU said, HE said!!! Alan will be going to an oral surgeon (the one everyone goes to around here and Alan's been there before also). We have to wait two weeks for the authorization to go through. The dentist said 'There is no infection, he is not in any pain so it's not an emergency, I'm putting the recommendation that he be seen by the oral surgeon and this usually takes up to two weeks. You will be notified by your insurance and we will also call you to tell you when to go"

So there you have it. And Alan doesn't go for "being put out'. He has no phobias whatsoever. He was in the dental unit when he was in the army and pulled everyone's teeth. I got the willies just hearing him talk about it. So that is THAT.

I thank you so much. You certainly know your stuff.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote