View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi MelodyL,

Good to hear that Alan went to the dentist and got a referral to an oral surgeon. Hopefully the extraction will go uneventfully

Regarding the infection issue, there is evidently no abscess at this time but there is infectious bacteria in the dentin tubules of the tooth because it is root canaled. Tooth decay is also infectious and from the video you provided of the dislodged crown, there is most likely decay in the root also. It's important to be aware of this because sometimes people will put off having the tooth removed because there is no pain. So this knowledge lets him know that he really needs to go through with the extraction as soon as he can get an appointment.

Thanks for the kind words..... I do try to help

Keep us posted on how things go!
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Hi there.

I guess Alan got a great dentist, because absolutely everything YOU said, HE said!!! Alan will be going to an oral surgeon (the one everyone goes to around here and Alan's been there before also). We have to wait two weeks for the authorization to go through. The dentist said 'There is no infection, he is not in any pain so it's not an emergency, I'm putting the recommendation that he be seen by the oral surgeon and this usually takes up to two weeks. You will be notified by your insurance and we will also call you to tell you when to go"

So there you have it. And Alan doesn't go for "being put out'. He has no phobias whatsoever. He was in the dental unit when he was in the army and pulled everyone's teeth. I got the willies just hearing him talk about it. So that is THAT.

I thank you so much. You certainly know your stuff.

lol

Melody

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-28-2015)