View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Thank you All, my Friends, for your concern and good wishes.

Last Tuesday eve, 21st, I had another fall - just as when I busted up my ribs -onto my stiff right arm this time, jarring my neck. Pain in my neck and arm (I get referred pain) was bad from the shock and got worse overnight.

In the morning my Ex took me to Minor Injuries, who took one look, slapped me in a Collar and called an Ambulance. I was then totally immobilised in head restraints and back-board for the trip to the major Trauma Unit and for 14 hours total.

After Exams by 3 Drs and C-Spine MRI - quick way to get one, but not reccommended - turns out I have 3 Spinal Cord Compressions in neck at 5, 6, 8 and long- term degeneration everywhere. Luckily, I just aggravated the H… out of everything, no more damage, but they kept me in overnight as a precaution.

Now, neck is settling a little but I still cannot lift head up and movement to right has decreased by another 20%. Left arm numbness down to Middle, Ring and Pinkie fingers has increased by 50%. Right arm pain, to which I am no stranger, has increased exponentially and will not settle. That individual, stabbing, burning pain is an 8/9 - taken down to 5 for an hour by all my many meds. After a week I wonder whether the current frequency is my new 'Normal'?

I have had to be away from this Forum I regard as Home as I have been unable to manage my Tablet or phone, typing causes unbelievable pain - bearable at this moment on my phone. It has added to my frustrations being unable to participate. Still, I am on the way back now, I'll just have to time my visits with my meds.

Oh, 2 Plusses, MrsD - I am off Statins, yay! And my PM appt has been brought forward, so I will be able to discuss all of this, and more, with a great Dr in 4 weeks.

Thank you All once again.

Dave.
jeez Dave
when can we catch a break
is it not a beautiful thing
to know how very much you are missed
and very much needed
oh how well do i know when wanting to share
it to is painful
i type with a pencil and use the eraser side
laptop on its side left
and like today
want to catch up
as i am awaiting that break
you take care
sounds like ex is helpful
this is nice
this makes me happy
be happy things could
could have been sooooooooooooo
much worse
please be careful
loss of sight
i hope you are using two canes
if you must
falling my fear
fallen twice this year
walk with the cane in house also
when needed
otherwise i would bounce wall to wall
i'm sure you get the picture
now be safe
thank you for sharing
love
me
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-28-2015), Diandra (07-29-2015), EnglishDave (07-28-2015), ger715 (07-28-2015), Lara (07-28-2015), Littlepaw (07-28-2015), St George 2013 (07-28-2015)