Thread: Troubled
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 03:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkynose View Post
Hi Phil. I understand your concern. When my symptoms started and were especially bad I felt like my body was under attack, including my mind. I could not think of words, I had brain fog, i forgot what I was doing or saying and it was scary. In my heart of hearts I do still feel that when I have a bad attack my brain is effected. Perhaps it's because it's hard to concentrate on anything else besides what's going on inside myself, perhaps because of the poor sleep I get when symptoms are bad, the medication I am on as some have side effects that mess with memory (i think you wrote you're not on any meds of any kind for anything?) My suggestion for right now is if you don't meditate start and try to be more present when you are doing any tasks. In other words stop multi-tasking, which I know as a teacher is difficult at best. I also found that when I wasn't feeling well I would tell my students. Not details or information about the illness, just general. I found that they were wonderful with me in these situations and it helped.
Thank you I really appreciate your help. I will take your advice and try to focus on one task at a time.
PhilfromOz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote