View Single Post
Old 07-28-2015, 10:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Fractured sacrum

Hi all, in Oct 2014 I fell and fractured my sacrum at S3/4 and over the next 5 months lost feeling and ability to walk / have a bowel movement. By Feb, I couldn't even get water out of my rectum due to non-relaxing puborectalis. I have had nothing but the worst medical help: every doctor wants to tell me that if I would only eat fiber I wouldn't be constipated. Or to take probiotics, or that Im just misusing laxatives. I go to doctors crying because I cant walk and have no feeling and they write me up as having pain with prolonged sitting, seriously. 9 months later, $30K and more doctors that you care to count and I still have no help. I have an MRI showing the fractured sacrum, but no follow up, I have an MRI Defecogram showing "suspicion of non-relaxing puborectalis muscle. But no one wants to do anything. I have been lucky, with the healing of my sacrum, I am now able to walk again and my rectum no longer paradoxically closed upon defecation, in fact on a really good day, I can get a whole inch diameter movement. I am trying not to use laxatives and use ground flax seeds. I have also started the **** stretch technique thanks to my local *** store selling **** plugs. But as for any medical help none.

I was saddened to see that no one has had relief from the botox, I was really hoping that would be my savior.

I don't know if there is any hope now. The neuro surgeon who was supposed to help me denied I even had a fracture and now the nerve is probably dead.

So guys, am I very fortunate to get an inch diameter? Has Botox ever worked? I feel glad that I refused the rectocele surgery as the feces never gets that far and its "tiny". How about sacral stimulation?

Thanks for reading this far.
Frodo-dog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (07-29-2015)