View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:20 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I am going to pt one or two times a week. I see a neurologist and neuro psychologist about once every two weeks each. They seem to think my main issues are stress and anxiety. While I do agree I have those, it's not typical for me. I feel they are symptoms of my headaches/pain and lack of sleep. I originally asked to be put on ambient and they gave me a strong antihistamine instead. This drug really dried me out and made me feel worse. Then I progressed to the other two drugs I previously listed.

To try and help, I try and avoid electronics but I know I don't do it enough. I rest as much as possible. I'm on std from work. I sit in dark rooms and listen to the radio or play my guitar. I also have been trying to go out more and start becoming more active. Walking mostly. I take Tylenol and ibuprofen daily along with vitamins and omega3.

My bed time routine isn't the best but falling asleep isn't my biggest issue. It's staying asleep. I have two boys, 6 months and almost 3. I read to them and then try and go to sleep.

My issue is I almost always wake up after 3 hours. I'll be tired, go to sleep, but then after 3 hours its like I'm jolted and my brain is fully awake and there's no chance of falling back asleep.

The Clonazepam has helped some with sleep but like I said I do worry about using it long term and that it might be affecting my headaches like previous drugs. Also like you said I worry I've been prescribed it for the wrong reasons. I feel I'd be better off treating my sleep issues directly rather than anxiety and depression. I feel those are products of my sleep issues rather than the other way around.

Thank you for responding. I apologize for any typos I'm writing using my dimmed phone. I still can't use a laptop for very long due to continued light sensitivity.
Sportsaddict is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote