View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:40 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Martial Arts Injury

Hi all, new here

I notice someone else has posted a very similar story up very recently....

I recently moved to a new city in the UK for a new job, so quite a demanding time, but things were going ok. I had recenty started training in thai boxing again at a local gym, I hadn't sparred in a while and I definitely took a number of punches with different opponents. I can't remember how many punches I took to the head - more than 10, but no knockouts or seeing stars. I just remember feeling empty and subdued after the session - without sounding melodramatic, it felt like part of me had been killed off that night. Most of the punches that landed where on my forehead - frontal lobe region, needless to say, I've stopped training in Thai boxing.

I would normally consider myself quite intelligent, a fast thinker/problem solver, talkative, witty and for the last few weeks following that brutal sparring session I've been plagued by poor memory, confusion, attention difficulties, loss of social spontaneity, loss of confidence, lower of libido, emotional numbness... it feels like part of my brain is now missing.

I've tried to stay positive and although there has been progress, I'm concerned about whether I'm stuck this way. I've been taking amino acids like l tyrosine, DLPA to boost dopamine, Vit B complex, Omega 3, BCAA's, lecithin for choline. I also took full week off work, 2 weeks away from the gym and i'm now working half days

I feel like I've gone from a man who is very capable in handling himself, motivated, sociable and successful in my job to feeling angry, scared, vulnerable,withdrawn person with lack of motivation.

I suspect some of this is due to my hormones now being out of kilter as well. I had my testosterone levels checked the other week - they came back 'normal' for my age but am not convinced, as beard/hair growth has slowed, libido has suffered and also weight training in the gym is now more difficult too.
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote