View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 01:30 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default HELP not sure what to believe

I am a 56yr old female and about 6 months ago I started smelling what I thought was smoke but no one else could smell it. I thought I must be getting a sinus infection. I started getting headaches, a little dizzy & an earache within a couple weeks of this and then I was sure it must be sinus. I saw an ear nose throat doctor and had a hearing test. They checked everything out including for vertigo and it all came back normal so I was sent to a neurologist. The spell continued but didn't really get any worst. After talking to the neurologist she thought I was having simple Partial seizures, Temporal Lobe to be exact and ordered an EEG. She wanted me to start medication but I wanted to wait for the test results. The EEG came back normal but the doctor still insists that I should start this medication. I am hesitant to start a life changing medication based on what a doctor thinks without any confirmation from any kind of test. Is this a normal practice of diagnosis. Does anyone know what I might be risking by not taking the medication if by chance this doctor is correct. So many of the symptoms that confirm this type of illness can be explained in other ways. How do you know when it is a seizure or menopause, or just a headache, or stress. I have experience da ja vue and would never have thought this was a possible symptom cause everyone experiences it from time to time. Is there a way to be sure that I am suffering from this illness before taking the medication?
daue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote