View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 02:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamG11 View Post
Could this be something else other than the concussion? I've had incidents BEFORE my concussion where I felt like this for a short time.

Could it be something like derealization or depersonalization ?

Or a combination ?

Like I said I honestly don't know. Which makes my depression and suicidal thoughts worse because I feel like no one can help.
Sam I saw some studies online that seem to think de realization and depersonalization can actually be caused by head truma so it could certainly be this.
As you mentioned, who knows, it could even be something else.
My advice to you would just do you best to relax, as hard as that is, and consider getting on some medication.
I felt a lot like you , and about 6 weeks ago I started lexapro, and it really helped with my mood swings and my depression. It made me feel hopeful that someday it will get better.
Finally remember that you are super young. You have lots of time. Certainly someday, someone will be able to help you or things will naturally get better, and you wil be a stronger person for having to go through it.
Ps I saved a kitten a couple weeks ago and it has also really helped distract me. He's great company. This might apply to you if you are an animal guy
miller.5887 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-10-2015), Lara (07-29-2015), SamG11 (07-29-2015)