View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default re

Hi Mark,

Firstly, thank you for your response, I appreciate you have a wealth of experience and knowledge around PCS...

It definitely feels like my brain has been traumatised in a way unknown to me before. I know what you mean about boxing etc, its only now looking back that I realise how risky full contact fighting sports are and suddenly, after a very long road, they are now off my list forever.

The B Complex you asked about is 'Busy B' from Holland & Barrett (UK) with B1, B2, B3, B5 & B6 all at 100mg, B12 (cyano) 500ug, Folic Acid 400ug, other useful ingredients are Choline Bitrate & Inositol - 50ug.

Funnily enough I bought D3 10ug today, along with Zinc 15mg and already have Natrol DHEA 25mg, I figure it is best to these in the AM to avoid sleep disruption, however, in your experience, when is the best time to take the DHEA?

I also have been trying various amino acids -

Lecithin for acetylcholine 3g/d
D-Aspartic Acid (Test booster & NDMA activator, but apparently potentially excitotoxic - so might have to go in the bin)
BCAA 3g/d (cited for brain repair)
L-Tyrosine (for dopamine synthesis) 1000mg/d and, or
D-LPA (ditto) 500mg/d

When I used to take L-Tyrosine or DLPA, they made me feel too amped/give me insomnia, now after the injury, they help me focus, lift my mood and I believe actually help me sleep better. Conversely, I used to take L-Tryptophan (Ajinomto Tryptopure) and Valerian for sleep, but these now seem to make my brain fog worse the day after.

My guess is that where before I needed more serotonin/GABA to relax and less dopamine/norepinephrine & acetylcholine, things are now off balance the other way.

However, despite the above gains, I wonder if aminos which boost excitatory neurotransmitters are a good thing right now while my brain is in recovery and whether I should wait a while rather than trying to jump-start/overload it ??
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote