View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Frown

Okay..I am so overwhelmed.

I just got home from the oral surgeon. I got a chance to see the x-ray and the overfill was bad. It is a long string extending 1/2 - 2/3 way under my tooth. The surgeon called an endodontist who recommended I remove the tooth and material asap. I had to have a dental CT and it showed the calcium hydroxate sealer is in the nerve canal!
Tomorrow at 1, he is going to remove the tooth and material. There is no infection in my bone. Out of all the dentist I saw, only 1 said there was infection. Her partner didn't even agree. So, I have no infection that is visible in the jawbone. He said he would remove any infection and he will have to go into the nerve canal and try to remove as much of the sealer as he can without damaging the nerve. I am going to just have local anesthesia during the procedure bc I don't like be sedated.

What are you opinions on this? Is this the correct way to treat this?

I am terrified!!!!

I am scared the nerve damage is irreversible.. Right now I have feeling, but it just feels a bit odd.

I am scared the pain will be there forever.

I am scared of further damage.

And …i'm wondering….why did the dentist who performed the root canal say it is biocompatible and will be absorbed?

How did the material get INTO my nerve canal?

Thank you. I'm feeling scared and overwhelmed
danzergurl00 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote