View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:47 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Dear Bryanna,

Hope you are well.
Update: I went to see the super-surgeon today.
There is still a hole but definitely got smaller again. He said he would not operate because there is a chance that it will close on its own and that sometimes they give it months not just weeks to heal. This is good, right?
He also said that the operation when they take the cheek fat (buccal?) would leave me bruised, unable to open my mouth for a while, further reduced mouth cavity and looking horrific for a couple of MONTHS.
Whatever happens I will not have this done. I rather leave with a tiny hole on the edge of sinusitis, seriously. Now I understand why the OS in the hospital wants to try the small operation first.

About the gum: he said if it will not get better it can be fixed but i should wait months maybe even a year for it to get better and that this is normal after an operation like that. I found out what the 2nd OS did: "... removed the perforated part and made a Wassmund-Rehrman-lobe, which I lengthened to the tooth 14. Closed it per primam with mattress and knot stitches. It was one of the most difficult sinus surgeries i have done" - that "lengthened" thing causes the trouble now. I wish he told me that it was going to be like this, I might have opted out. All he said was that he will take the gum from there and it will not be seen when i smile. He failed to mention that there will be no full smile but a lot of discomfort for quite a while though.

From what the surgeon said I gathered that might have been better if they just left it open at the very beginning. It might have healed and I would not have this pain and discomfort and looks. But both OS said it absolutely HAD TO BE DONE or else I would end up with serious sinus problem and big operation and trouble. They were obviously wrong, as 7 weeks this Friday, still open and thanks God nothing wrong with the sinuses yet. My RHS ear hurts a lot more lately though.

I am a bit desperate and scared at the moment.
One more month of just waiting around scared to eat or talk, feeling horrible every time the hole make a noise (when "eating"). The gum and the inside of the face hurts. And there is no need for 4th opinion, this is what it is.

I am sorry. I am really happy if I do not need an operation, of course.
Thank you, sorry, his came out just venting. Will update in a month. Thank you for everything!!!!
ELna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote