View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 05:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNT2014 View Post
It is extremely limiting, but I have not yet "learned" to live with it. That is, I have not given up on getting better. The pain problems have forced me to quit my career and go back to a lower paying job that is less physically stressful. They have also affected relationships and my ability to live where I want.

But complaints about all of that aside, I am still focusing on ways to cure, or at least reduce, my symptoms. I have been on a steep learning curve for the past year, as before that I thought I mostly had elbow problems.

I haven't come across people who are exactly cured, but I have come across people who have gotten their symptoms under control, corrected some of the underlying body problems, and are now living normal lives. Giving up is not going to help.
I'll be obsessed with fixing myself until I'm 100% pre injury level. I don't see myself giving up on getting back to completely normal. i like your attitude. I would definitely call mine managed so long as I stay in my boundaries ie) sleeping on the floor on my back, running as much as possible, no heavy upper body strength building, doing physio exercises every night forever. But in my opinion thats BS, we should be able to find a real solution that solves the problem, not just managing it. I mean christ most of us just had some bad posture for a while, we should be able to get back to normal.
jzp119 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote