View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 06:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Interacting with Robins

Oh, yes! I find Robins very amenable to communicating and to "training."

I had first "met" this mother Robin when she was sitting on the door handle, tapping on the glass, shortly after we had moved in. She did this day after day. (The former owners were my parents and had never interacted with these birds. They were shocked to find out birds had been around that closely.)

Since she kept tapping on the glass day after day, it seemed there was something she'd wanted. I looked at the rafters above, where there is a deck on a higher level of the house and saw the open areas FILLED with old nests. My DH and I had gotten a ladder and cleaned out the old nests.

The mother Robin was then quite content and has been back to bless us with 3 nests per season over the past three years!

She comes to me to "chat" and we "chat" back and forth. She is within a foot of me by the time she makes her way across the yard, after I have called to her. People watch from indoors and are amazed she will come to me when I talk to her. (She and her older offspring live across the yard once they leave the nests, which are close to the house.) If anyone steps into "our area" while we are interacting, she is quickly gone. Just so much fun!

I want to learn more from MrsD, and others, on the topic of birds.

Such a tremendous blessing to have them around.

In joy!
DejaVu

P.S. I have my pet wild rabbits, too. One made a nest right next to the same glass door, where I could witness the events around a rabbits' nest.
DejaVu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (07-29-2015), Lara (07-30-2015), mrsD (07-29-2015), Wiix (07-30-2015)