View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 11:29 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Rose,

If you get in to see Dr. Howard, he can order pulmonolgy function tests. It's best to try to find a pulmonologist closest to where you live, though. Then they can follow you if you become worse.

Try taking photos of your face in the morning and then later in the day or after you do an activity.

I didn't notice until I was 41 that I had ptosis. When I looked back at all of my photos, I realized that it was there since about birth. I was misdiagnosed at age ten with lazy eye. I guess that day, my right eye was more droopy than the left!

So I "get" the having something a long time and not knowing what it is. I always adapted my activities accordingly and always had a stamina problem.

I think it's pretty sad that doctors see each other as "competition" or "opponents." They really need to start having a team mentality. The goal is not a "goal," but helping a patient—no matter what that takes.

Twitching is also a sign of muscle weakness. It's fatigable weakness that is the hallmark of MG, though.

It doesn't hurt to check your TSH, Vitamin D and B12. Thyroid disorders are common, as are those two vitamin deficiencies. If you have a deficiency, they still can't say, "See, that's what's wrong with you," because neither deficiency causes fatigable muscle weakness.

I'm assuming that your heart checked out during that cardiopulmonary test, is that correct?

Sometimes it takes more than one doctor to figure all of this out. I hope you'll be okay in the meantime. If you do get to a point where you can't move or breathe well, or can't swallow, then get to an ER. Dialing 911 is best. If you have MG, it can tank pretty quickly, especially in hot weather!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote